see url Performance starts with product innovation. Mountain Hardwear designers partner with the industry’s leading materials researchers to develop the fabrics, coatings and components we need to turn design and performance goals into reality.
- Dry.Q EVAP combines the industry leading waterproof-breathability of Dry.Q with EVAP, an interior-surface wicking technology that disperses through a network of channels on the fabric so it evaporates more quickly, improving breathability and keeping the wearer drier and more comfortable.
- Thermal.Q Elite is warmer because it’s designed to mimic the structure of goose down – rigid stems that form a matrix of gaps and softer fibers to fill those gaps. Thermal.Q Elite uses stiffer fibers to create a unique 3D grid structure and finer fibers to fill in the gaps the structure creates. The result is a warmer synthetic whose structure gives it better compression rebound.
- Q.Shield DOWN is a giant leap forward in down performance. Down fibers are infused with a permanent water repellency that helps maintain insulating performance even when exposed to moisture.
- Traditional “waterproof” gloves quickly get heavy as water loads between the shell fabric and the waterproof liner. OutDry® is different. OutDry® is a patented construction technology that bonds a waterproof-breathable membrane directly to the shell fabric. There’s no gap to load with water so gloves stay, light and dry. And with no extra layer of water, gloves breathe better and stay flexible. OutDry technology for packs uniformly laminates a custom shaped waterproof membrane to the inner surface of the pack, sealing fabrics and seams in a single step. Your pack stays light and dry without compromising weight or function.
- Ghost Whisperer is a fabric so unique there’s only one mill in the world that can weave it. We developed this super-lightweight fabric as part of our Ueli Steck Project, a collaboration with speed alpinist Ueli Steck to reinvent climbing apparel and equipment for the next generation of ultrafast alpinists. The Ghost Whisperer fabric’s super-tight weave is naturally downproof, windproof and water repellent. While some claim to offer lighter fabrics, the Ghost Whisperer is the world’s only true 7 denier by 10 denier fabric, using single 7d and 10d yarns rather than pairs of strands.